Monday, February 20, 2012

Hey mama!!



Yesterday my little Aaron gave me a well needed smile. While watching some television with the kiddos, Aaron hopped up on the sofa with me. He looked at me with a smile and then plopped himself right next to me, he threw his leg on mine and said "oot, oot" (that's Aaroneese for foot). That little stinker wanted me to rub his little foot! He kept on and on until I tickled his little stinky 'oot'. I needed that smile!



So our little Charlie-bird.... she's as happy as can be, a little gem we love so much. She's started chewing on her hands, and considering she hasnt until just a few weeks ago this is wonderful news! She's smiling and doing things a baby should do. We did get in to meet with her pedi and the news wasnt exactly what we expected. We were expecting her amino acids and organic acids to come back fine. They did not. At this point we do not have a concrete answer, other than something isnt quite right and we have a few ideas of what it could be. Right now things point to a mitocondrial disorder. We have a referal to see a genetics physician at Hopkins, and it looks as though we will be able to get in a little sooner than we initally thought. 


No comments:

Post a Comment