Sunday, June 26, 2011

Not so alone...

There are times in caring for my sweet Aaron that both Rob and I felt so alone, so alienated from "normal" parents. Sometimes going to a clinic appointment was looked forward to, we fit in there. Everyone has something going on, and its their normal. One appointment I was able to sit on the floor with another tubie/TPN mommie and talk about our children. It was a nice conversation, we were able to celebrate the milestones that both our boys had made, and share stories that only a tubie mom cound understand. But should we have been here at all? Why our family? Why my baby boy? My husband is loving, loyal and will do anything to keep things smoothly sailing in our house, I do my best to love him and the kids as much as I can, we have a great marriage. Should we have the "perfectly healthy" child? Guess not. In reading some paperwork I have to say I agree with the statement below.

Wellbutrin Lawsuit Update: XXXXXXXXX, LLP continues to be contacted by a large number of mothers, fathers and family members of babies born with birth defects directly related to the use of Wellbutrin during pregnancy. It is important to remember that you are not alone, and the birth defects that your child was born with are not your fault.
Drug manufacturers have a responsibility to warn patients and doctors of the known risks in taking medications while pregnant. When drug manufacturers fail to warn consumers, they must be held accountable. The filing of a Wellbutrin lawsuit will never heal the emotional devastation of knowing that your child’s birth defect could have been prevented, however it can assist you and your family in the paying of medical bills, covering future healthcare costs and give you the satisfaction of knowing that you/we will not stand by and let a giant pharmaceutical company put their profits over the safety of American consumers and their families.

Im mad, no not mad livid, angry, sick and full of animosity towards GSK. Suggesting my child is worth a dollar amount is simply disgusting. GSK, you make me want to vomit. You are selfless, hurtful and most of a greedy. I hope there is never a day you will have to stand in my shoes. I wouldnt wish this for my worst enemy.


Michael XXXXXX, Managing Partner of xxxxxx, LLP, has stated, “Our law firm has represented thousands of victims in pharmaceutical side effect and recall lawsuit. However, as a father of four, this particular litigation [Wellbutrin birth defects] really strikes home. We intend to passionately represent the children and families affected by the manufacturer’s inability to warn the mothers of the potential for Wellbutrin induced birth defects when taking this drug while pregnant.”

No comments:

Post a Comment