Thursday, June 23, 2011

Years ago...

I met a lady who was simply a miraculous woman. Over the years we've stayed close, she's been there even when I haven't been the nicest person to be around. In fact, there were lots of time that I took for granted her selflessness and didn't stop to say a simple "thanks". Amazingly she still is there! Wow, what a person. One day when I was having a bad day year she sent me a card...she took the time out of her day for me...can you believe that? Just because she cares. I'm beginning to realize how hard it must have been for her to love me and for me to unknowingly hurt her. In raising my own children I know she didn't have an easy job...even when she came home from working to care for me. I hope that one day I can be as good a mom as she was... or even half as good. Thank God for my Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment